Record time for Luke
Wells City Harrier junior Luke Prior set a new record in the junior Weston Prom Race.
WELLS City Harriers took the top accolades at Weston Athletic Club’s November Prom Race.
Runners from Wells were first and third place overall in the one mile junior race and first place overall in the five mile senior race.
Two hundred and seventy two runners competed in this month’s five mile prom race along Weston seafront. A strong run by the Mathew Dickinson from Wells City Harriers in a time of 26.04 saw him finish 53 seconds ahead of second placed Paul Gleeson from Weston AC in 27.49. Third place went to Andrew Cooks from Bristol and West in 27.52.
First lady went to Hannah Woodman from Clevedon AC in 30.07, followed by Maria Powell from Bad Tri in 32.05 and third was Helen Brew from GWR in 32.42.
You may also want to watch:
Forty-seven junior athletes took part in the second one mile prom race for juniors. The overall winner was Luke Prior who finished in a course record time of four minutes 57 seconds and the fastest girl was Alice Davies, who was fifth overall in 5.37.
The next race will take place on December 20 at 6.45pm and is free for all junior runners. See www.westonac.co.uk for more details and an entry form. Full results can also be seen on the website.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston