Records smashed at club championships
- Credit: Archant
Over 20 club records were smashed during Weston Swimming Club’s championships.
NINETY-three swimmers competing in 12 championship events generated an electric atmosphere at Hutton Moor as Weston Swimming Club staged its 2013 club championships.
Roared on by a crowd of over 200, swimmers from the premier club in North Somerset all performed superbly, from those competing in their first gala, all the way through the club’s squads to the six national championships swimmers showcasing their huge talent.
Personal best times were recorded in every heat with many swimmers achieving Somerset ASA County Championships qualifying times, while over 20 club record times were smashed over the weekend.
Congratulations go to all the swimmers who participated in the championships and to all those involved in organising/running the event.
You may also want to watch:
On December 14 (2pm), Hutton Moor stages the final round of the National Arena Swimming League – Premier Division (Western), with Weston nicely placed to defy the odds once more and retain Premier Division status.
Weston compete against a large number of huge hub clubs, such as Plymouth Leander, who can call on the likes of Olympic gold medallist Ruta Meilutyte, as well as big city clubs such as City of Cardiff, Swim Swansea and Exeter City Swimming Club.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 5 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 6 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
Weston swimmers would appreciate lots of support for what will, without doubt, be a hugely exciting afternoon’s racing.
Trials are always available for those who wish to join the club - email Rachel Aldington – headcoach@)weston-super-mare-swimming-club.co.uk, for learn to swim information (small group lessons for ages four-nine years) email Charlotte Bradley - firstname.lastname@example.org or for water polo/masters, email Mike Coles - email@example.com