Double glory as league winners Regency A secure Shield Trophy
- Credit: Steve Corrick
Weston Crib league finally finished off their 2019/20 season last Thursday (September 9) with finals night being held at 49 Club due to the Coronavirus pandemic.
With the league, which is celebrating 104 years this year, done and dusted the week before, Regency A were crowned the winners with Charles Dickens coming a close second.
This only left the cup competitions to complete and Regency A completed the double with victory in The Shield Trophy over Weston Golf Club.
The Services beat Boro Social Club to win Red Barrel Cup, while Rob Hooper of Regency B beat Wayne Walker of Boro Social Club in the singles knock-out. Tony Jakeman and John Ley-Morgan beat father and son duo of Alan and Stuart Moulton from The Services in the Paris knock-out.
Prizes were presented by league secretary Steve Corrick before a thank you speech from the successful Regency A Captain Mark Short.
You may also want to watch:
The new season starts on September 23 and with 14 teams in the league, Weston Crib are always looking for new blood in their league.
If anyone plays crib or would like to learn, please contact the league on email@example.com.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 9 CCTV appeal after man seriously assaulted in Weston
- 10 Day of Ibiza club classics to be performed in Weston this weekend