Reigning champions held by Hutton
Hutton held last season’s champions, Keynsham Town, to a draw in their opening game.
HUTTON Under-15 girls entertained last season’s county champions, Keynsham Town, in their opening game of the new season.
Keynsham’s few forays into the Hutton half were met with a solid defensive wall of Anya Lawrence, Georgia Ferdinando, Hannah Capes and Eva Ferdinando, who all had excellent games with stand-in keeper Hannah Worley seeing little action.
The Hutton central midfield partnership of Bobbie Perrett and Lauryn Nigh were quickly onto any loose ball and with Danni Williams and Meg Lewis working well on the wings, Keynsham began to get stretched and both Tia Craig and Gabby Massey brought good saves from the visiting keeper.
As the first period drew to a close, it was Keynsham who threatened to break the deadlock as the Hutton girls took their foot off the pedal.
You may also want to watch:
After the break, Hutton’s adventurous play was rewarded when Lewis’ cross was handled in the area and Massey dispatched the penalty to give Hutton the lead.
Keynsham responded well from the set back and Worley in the Hutton goal was called into action several times, Keynsham drew level. Soon after they look the lead with a fantastic curling shot into the top corner.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 5 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 6 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Sharon cooks thousands of meals throughout coronavirus lockdown – despite breaking her arm while fundraising
Hutton regrouped and with minutes remaining, the ball fell to Massey who made no mistake with the finish.
Hutton’s player of the game was awarded to Bobbie Perrett, with the supporter’s award going to Gabby Massey.