Relegation escape still on
ISLE of Wedmore men s teams, playing in the Avalon League, are both hovering near the bottom of their tables.
ISLE of Wedmore men's teams, playing in the Avalon League, are both hovering near the bottom of their tables.
The A team still has several matches to fit in and two recent wins have restored some morale and improved the league position to fifth so relegation from Division 2 is by no means inevitable.
The B team has only one remaining match and although currently languishing at the bottom of Division 5, the opportunity to move up a place still exists.
Both captains would love to have more players available and the league remains an excellent way to play other courses for the price of a meal. It would be great to see more players putting themselves forward next year.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies' Alliance team has also faltered over the last few weeks as holidays have affected availability. They remain top of their division, however, and if good results can be achieved against Clevedon and Farrington they could be promoted as champions.
Club Medal Division 1: John Russell 69; Paul Plume 69; Richard Goad 69. Division 2: Mike Atkins 67; James Vowles 67; Richard Banks 69. Division 3: Perry Snelgrove 67; Brad Elder 68; Andrew Sweeting 70.
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 10 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
Ladies, Division 1: Alison Dodkin. Division 2: Esme Gulliver.
Seniors Stableford, Division 1: Jim Sims 41; Geoff Brooks; Derek Warn 38. Division 2: Mike Beal 39; Ron Walton 38; Phil Rogers 37.
Ladies' James Jug: Ann Reid. Silver Division: Jane Hewitt. Bronze Division: Ange Thorp.