Revamped Easter tournament proves a hit
- Credit: Archant
The 80th Brean Easter Hockey Festival was again voted a success by the 18 teams taking part.
THE 80th Brean Easter Hockey Festival was again voted a success by the 18 teams taking part.
The revamped festival now organised by North Somerset Hockey Club, was played as a seven-a-side competition at Drove Road in Weston.
Winners of the men’s section were Blue Hearts, with Edgbaston as the runners-up. North Somerset seconds won the ladies, with Lydney coming a close second. Luton were the winners of the mixed section, with the Queens Quard as runners-up.
Plans are already in place for next year’s event and it is hoped to re-introduce the veterans.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to Ed McKay at North Somerset Council and groundsman Keith Southey.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course