Riders travel to Wales and back
- Credit: Archant
Weston Wheelers’ latest outing took the riders over to the Forest of Dean and back across the Severn Bridge.
Weston Wheelers visited Wales and Forest of Dean for their latest club ride, following an exceptional course designed by Paul Stone.
A group of 13 set out in what rapidly became glorious sunshine to cross the Severn on the old bridge and begin a swooping drop into Chepstow and followed an undulating course northwards through the Forest of Dean above the River Wye, before an exhilarating drop down to Monmouth, taking a left before the bridge and following the western bank of the Wye towards Chepstow.
The road crosses the river just before Llandogo and climbs the wooded eastern bank with glimpses of the Wye below before stopping for refreshments.
Another up and down saw the group pass Chepstow racecourse and head towards the bridge, crossing on the upstream side.
You may also want to watch:
The Wheelers were pleased to welcome three ladies, Katie, Chrissy and Rhiannon. The club hope all three will continue and encourage any others, male or female, who wish to take a spin. Check out the website for details of the next ride.
This week’s ride totalled 43 miles, climbing 3,000ft at an average speed of 14.5 mph.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
Thanks go to Paul S, Paul G, Andy P, Andy J, Rhiannon, Jonathon, Pete G, Steve, Pete M, Andy F, Alex, Chrissy and Katie.