Rifle club claims Division 1 title
RIFLE SHOOTING - THE 65th AGM of Weston Rifle Club was held at the range at Burnham.
THE 65th AGM of Weston Rifle Club was held at the range at Burnham-on-Sea.
The meeting was opened by president B Thorne and he congratulated the club and teams for achievements attained throughout the year.
The secretary and treasurer gave her thanks to all for helping to keep the club going. Club captain Brian Hockey said the club had come first in the Somerset Division 1 and regain the cup and medals for another year.
A team of six entered the Eley Postal competition and five gained silver medals and one gold, who qualified to shoot at Bisley in August.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks were extended to club coach Mike Phelan and the club were pleased that Chris White had now joined the club.
Stats officer Mrs J Thorne was pleased to announce the club champion for 2009 was B Thorne and runner-up was Edward Wells.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
Other winners - League Cup: E Wells; Spoon Cup: Mrs J Thorne; Jenner Trophy: B Thorne; Roberts Trophy: E Wells; RMK Trophy: Mrs J Thorne; Best Improver Trophy: M Phelan and B Hockey; Eley Silver Medals: Mrs J Thorne, B Thorne, M Phelan, Brian Hockey. Gold: Edward Wells.
Exeter and District summer competition: Jamie Hockey, first silver plate; individual Somerset comp winter: M Phelan, third in his division; Somerset Summer League medal winners: B Thorne, M Phelan, Jamie Hockey.