Road to Glory - World Championshipkickboxing
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Moor Sports Centre is hosting full contact world championship martial arts.
This Saturday sees full contact world championship martial arts action at Hutton Moor Sports Centre.
The TFC (Total Full Contact Association) have their head office based in Weston and have sanctioned more than 80 shows in the last 18 months all over the country.
TFC have a fantastic reputation of holding professional full contact fighting events and have a four-page feature in national magazine Martial Arts Illustrated this month.
This event features defending champion Darren Anstey in a TFC world title (K1 rules) clash. Darren is an explosive dynamic champion and this title fight is highly anticipated.
There are also a British K1 title and three five nation title fights. This is a packed card of K1, kickboxing and TFC boxing with no less than 17 fights.
Team Dynamite of WAMA (Weston Academy of Martial Arts and Boxing) will have six fighters on the bill representing the town.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 5 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 6 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 7 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 8 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Famous spoof awards winner announced
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
Zoe Hackwood will be in a title eliminator against a seasoned opponent from Wales, while Wayne Pither has a rematch against Jack Tate, which will be another explosive heavyweight clash.
Marc Aplin makes his debut for the club after years training in MMA. Marc has a great training ethos and is super fit. Jon Thomas returns to the ring after a win in October and will face a tough fighter from Gloucestershire.
Arnon Jampaduan had the fight of the night on the last event, having to face a much more experienced fighter due to a pull-out. He faces Conner Evans from Team Adrenaline in his second contest.
Vladdy Georgiev returns after his TKO in his first fight for the club and will be facing the tough and durable Danny Wilson from Watchet. This is a step up for Vlad, but he has been training hard and looks in great form.
The show starts at 7pm at Hutton Moor and tickets are available on the door. VIP tickets can be purchased by calling 01934 414183 or visiting Swet Fitness Academy in Sunnyside Road North, Weston.
For full information regarding the event please visit www.totalfullcontact.com