Robbie maintains his superb form
TWELVE-year-old karting star Robbie Gallier, of Lympsham, maintained his superb form.
TWELVE-year-old Karting star Robbie Gallier, of Lympsham, maintained his superb form.
Having just celebrated his first year in Karting, Robbie was visiting the North Wales track Glany-y-Gors for the first time in preparation for the National Kart racing final which he has qualified first in the Honda Cadet class which will be held at the track on the August Bank Holiday weekend.
The sole purpose was to learn the track. As normal, Robbie was determined to make his mark and that he did when he demonstrated his amazing talent and all weather driving ability.
With the weather being unpredictable during the free practice plus one qualifying race held on Saturday and the two heats and final on the Sunday the team had to change tyres 24 times, often just before the start of the races.
You may also want to watch:
None of this deterred the youngster, who revels in less than perfect conditions as he went on to win every heat, also taking fastest lap in all heats and the final, an amazing performance.
Robbie is looking forward to the final of the NKRA. He commented: "The track is great, all twists and turns with only one straight. I loved it and can't wait to get back there. It is a bit like Monte Carlo. A big thanks must go to my dad and granddad for a great set up all weekend."
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 4 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
Robbie continues to be supported by; Talon, Prokart Eng, Lucas Oil, WSM Fasteners, PIAA and South West Karting.