Robbie playing in Belgium
Former Weston youth team striker Robbie Maggs is now playing for Wolfsdonk Sport FC in Belgium.
FORMER Weston youth team striker Robbie Maggs is now playing for Wolfsdonk Sport FC in Belgium.
Having just turned 20, Robbie had been on Bristol Rovers’ books for over 11 years and also played for Weston, Clevedon and Shepton Mallet. He was Weston youth team’s top scorer last season with 17.
Just before the last transfer deadline, Robbie was contacted by the club and he made the decision to join the Brabant Eerste Provinciale club. Following his arrival, Robbie has played five games and has scored six goals.
Robbie’s package has included free accommodation, food, sports club membership, plus the full use of a car with free petrol.
You may also want to watch:
The head of soccer at Loughborough College has also been in touch, suggesting other opportunities, so he still has decisions to make to try and make his dream come true to play in the full English league.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown