Robbie playing in Belgium
Former Weston youth team striker Robbie Maggs is now playing for Wolfsdonk Sport FC in Belgium.
FORMER Weston youth team striker Robbie Maggs is now playing for Wolfsdonk Sport FC in Belgium.
Having just turned 20, Robbie had been on Bristol Rovers’ books for over 11 years and also played for Weston, Clevedon and Shepton Mallet. He was Weston youth team’s top scorer last season with 17.
Just before the last transfer deadline, Robbie was contacted by the club and he made the decision to join the Brabant Eerste Provinciale club. Following his arrival, Robbie has played five games and has scored six goals.
Robbie’s package has included free accommodation, food, sports club membership, plus the full use of a car with free petrol.
You may also want to watch:
The head of soccer at Loughborough College has also been in touch, suggesting other opportunities, so he still has decisions to make to try and make his dream come true to play in the full English league.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 8 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?