Roger closes the gap on the championship leader
- Credit: Archant
Roger Orgee enjoyed a double header at Castle Combe, closing the gap on the championship leader to just four points.
CASTLE Combe’s first double header of the year saw Langford’s Roger Orgee close the gap at the top in his Weston College Van Diemen Formula Ford to keep his championship ambitions firmly on track.
Qualifying started well with a lap that put Roger provisionally second, but a slow puncture saw him end up seventh on the grid.
As the race got underway, Roger picked up a place on each lap and by the end finished a competitive fourth, with the championship leader three places behind.
The following day, cars started sliding off in qualifying after a damp start and a safety car was deployed. Roger was in a perfect position behind the safety car when the pack was released. He came round in front, but promptly had a high-speed 360 degree spin relegating him to sixth place, but worked his way up to second.
You may also want to watch:
The race started well with Roger in a third place for the first 10 laps. safety car caused some drama, but with three laps to go, the leader crashed out trying to brake too late and Roger sped away to claim second place and just four points behind the championship leader.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences