Roger defends his lead at Castle Combe
- Credit: Archant
Langford racing driver Roger Orgee successfully defended his lead in the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
ROGER Orgee successfully defended his lead in the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
At the start of qualifying, Roger held a competitive third place, but a safety car incident spoilt his best lap and more traffic on the restart meant he couldn’t improve above sixth.
The race promised to be a close run thing and it didn’t disappoint and on the first lap, Roger moved up two places. After another safety car incident, Roger produced his fastest lap of the race, jumping up to second place.
By now the leader was well away, but Roger gave chase. On the last lap, Roger’s car began to handle badly, but he managed to finish second and extended his championship lead.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is on August 8.
- 1 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 2 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 10 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown