Roger defends his lead at Castle Combe
- Credit: Archant
Langford racing driver Roger Orgee successfully defended his lead in the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
ROGER Orgee successfully defended his lead in the Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
At the start of qualifying, Roger held a competitive third place, but a safety car incident spoilt his best lap and more traffic on the restart meant he couldn’t improve above sixth.
The race promised to be a close run thing and it didn’t disappoint and on the first lap, Roger moved up two places. After another safety car incident, Roger produced his fastest lap of the race, jumping up to second place.
By now the leader was well away, but Roger gave chase. On the last lap, Roger’s car began to handle badly, but he managed to finish second and extended his championship lead.
You may also want to watch:
The next round is on August 8.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 10 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture