Roger earns another podium place
- Credit: Archant
Langford racing driver Roger Orgee recorded a third place at Castle Combe.
LANGFORD racing driver Roger Orgee recorded a third place at Castle Combe.
After a below average start to the year with a crash and an under par fifth place, Roger was determined to get his SW Championship programme back on course.
Testing was damp so nothing was achieved and he had to guess the best set up, based on last year’s data. Luckily it worked and Roger qualified third, but by only a tenth of a second.
As the lights changed, the first three cars flew off the line as one and were running nose to tail for half the race when they started to lap back markers. This broke up the trio and Roger fell back as the race was completed, with a welcome third place.
You may also want to watch:
The next races are at Castle Combe on the June 15-16 when Roger hopes to improve his performance and challenge for the lead.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?