Roger earns another podium place
- Credit: Archant
Langford racing driver Roger Orgee recorded a third place at Castle Combe.
LANGFORD racing driver Roger Orgee recorded a third place at Castle Combe.
After a below average start to the year with a crash and an under par fifth place, Roger was determined to get his SW Championship programme back on course.
Testing was damp so nothing was achieved and he had to guess the best set up, based on last year’s data. Luckily it worked and Roger qualified third, but by only a tenth of a second.
As the lights changed, the first three cars flew off the line as one and were running nose to tail for half the race when they started to lap back markers. This broke up the trio and Roger fell back as the race was completed, with a welcome third place.
You may also want to watch:
The next races are at Castle Combe on the June 15-16 when Roger hopes to improve his performance and challenge for the lead.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 10 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston