Roger increases his championship lead
- Credit: Archant
Racing driver Roger Orgee finished third in the latest South West Formula Ford Championship race.
LANGFORD racing driver Roger Orgee finished third in the latest South West Formula Ford Championship round.
In qualifying, Roger’s second lap was under the lap record, but a combination of a five-car battle and lack of another clear lap meant only fifth place.
The race promised to be a nail-biter and so it proved, the first three rows of cars flew off the line and arrived at Quarry Corner looking like a 24-wheel traffic jam.
Roger came round in fifth place and immediately the first two cars broke away. He moved up to fourth and proceeded to hound the third-placed car until he overtook him and set off in pursuit of the leading pair.
You may also want to watch:
Roger’s next lap was the fastest he has ever recorded and under the lap record. He managed to close the gap down, could not catch them up, but he managed to keep his overall lead in the series.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences