Roger’s season starts with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Roger Orgee’s motoring season started with a bang at Castle Combe.
ROGER Orgee’s motoring season started with a bang at Castle Combe, when his race ended after a collision with a barrier.
In qualifying, Orgee and team-mate Steven Jensen were the class of the field, both posting quick lap times within a tenth of a second of each other, ending up sharing the front row of the grid.
As the lights changed, Roger got the best start, heading the field to the first bend at Quarry Corner and by halfway, had built up a ten second lead.
At this point Roger posted the fastest lap of the race and was planning his race winning move out of the Esses and into Tower Bend. As the two cars entered the Esses, Roger entered the corner even faster than before and he clipp the barrier, ripping off a wheel and sliding off the track.
You may also want to watch:
No injuries, but only a point for fastest lap to show for all the effort and a bill for the damage to rub it in.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 6 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 7 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 8 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 Council seeks photographer for heritage project