Roger takes championship lead at Castle Combe
- Credit: Archant
Langford’s Roger Orgee won the latest round of the South West Formula Ford Championship at Castle Combe.
VICTORY at Castle Combe gave Langford’s Roger Orgee the South West Formula Ford Championship lead, fastest lap and overall driver of the day in his Weston College Van Dieman RF00.
As the cars lined up on the grid it started to rain and a classic race was about to happen and 30 cars slithered off the line and headed towards Quarry Corner in a ball of spray.
At end of the first lap, Roger lay seventh and on lap two he was up to fourth. One lap later he was third and pulling away from the cars behind, but a safety car came out, wiping out any advantage.
At the restart, the first three cars made a perfect get away, already pulling a gap and Roger moved up a place when he got the power down earlier than his opponent and squeezed through on the inside into the Esses.
You may also want to watch:
Roger was duelling with the leader, Josh Fisher, an experienced ex-Combe champion for the final two laps and on the penultimate lap, Roger pulled alongside at around 130mph and took the lead, which he held to win by 0.5 sec.
- 1 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 2 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 6 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 9 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 10 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture