Roger wins opening round at Castle Combe
Racing driver Roger Orgee started the season with victory at Castle Combe.
LANGFORD racing driver Roger Orgee, aged 23, picked up where he left off in 2011 by scoring a convincing win at a rain soaked Castle Combe circuit.
A clutch problem in qualifying did not stop Roger from putting the car on the front row of the grid in the wet.
The race was also run in extremely wet conditions where smooth driving is the only way to beat the treacherous track surface.
Roger made a superb start and had a two second lead by the end of the first lap. Driving with, what the commentators called, an impressive and dominant fashion, Roger pulled away to hold a significant lead, only for the race to be interrupted by a safety car, allowing his pursuers to catch up again.
You may also want to watch:
However, the restart was timed to perfection and Roger was able to stamp his authority on the race once more, finally coming home some five seconds in front of the second placed driver.
Roger is now looking forward to the televised race meeting at Castle Combe on May 7 and is now firmly set on winning the 2012 Castle Combe Formula Ford Championship.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 Pilot dairy facility opens in food innovation centre
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs