Rosie picks up overal gold medal
J21 Gymnastics Club entered six gymnasts into the Baskervilles girls’ floor and vault championships in Bath.
J21 GYMNASTICS Club based in Warne Road, Weston, entered six gymnasts into the Baskervilles girls’ floor and vault championships in Bath.
The day was a great success with the girls bringing home 12 medals. Caitlin Rickard entered the Under-8 pre-levels competition and was placed fourth overall on the floor, just missing out on the bronze.
The afternoon saw Sienna Cottam competing in the Under-8 intermediates. After a flawless performance on the vault, she was placed first which helped her take the overall silver, a great result in only her second competition.
Lottie Anderson and Dorothy Green entered the Under-8 advanced level, both gymnasts performed consistently well on both floor and vault. Lottie was placed second on vault and third on floor, finishing second place overall. Dorothy was placed second on floor and third on vault, taking the overall bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Finishing the competition was the over 12s and representing the club were Sasha Cooper and Rosie Coad.
Sasha was placed ninth on the floor and third on the vault and finished in overall sixth place. Rosie had a perfect competition day, taking the gold on vault and second place on the floor which led her to taking the overall gold.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
For more information about the club, contact Abbie Chetland on 01934 613833.