Rovers take over at the top
SNOOKER - ROVERS have taken over the leadership of the Wrington Vale Billiards League following their 6-0 win over Clevedon Conservatives B.
ROVERS have taken over the leadership of the Wrington Vale Billiards League following their 6-0 win over Clevedon Conservatives B and Triangles A being held to a 3-3 draw by third placed Young Ones.
Jason Snook took the first frame for Triangles against Matt Lucas, but Matt hit back to take the next to draw level. Matt Powell put the Young Ones in front against Andy Sweet who then took the fourth frame. Dave Cryer and James Sas shared the last two frames to secure the draw.
The battle of the bottom two sides ended in a resounding 5-1 win for the Peelers who are enjoying their best season for some years under the captaincy of Andy Jones. He and Rich Powell won both their frames against Backwell Lucky 13 with Rod Carey getting Backwell's point.
Cleeve Corners went down to a 5-1 defeat at Clevedon Conservatives A team with Alan Pople and Rob Brown securing both their frames.
You may also want to watch:
BREAKS: Andy Sweet 43, 20; Andy Jones 28; James Sas 25; Reuben Hurse 24; Matt Lucas 23; Alan Pople 22; Dave Cryer 20.
WRINGTON VALE SNOOKER LEAGUE 2009-10
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 7 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 8 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
AFTER GAMES PLAYED 16/03/2010