Rugby league trials
Rugby league trials are being held at Morganians RFC, Bridgwater, on March 30.
Ever wondered what makes rugby league such a great game that Sam Burgess left Bath to return to it and Russell Crowe chose it over the Oscars? Well now is your chance to find out.
Somerset Vikings Rugby League will be starting training for the 2016 season on March 30 at 7pm at Morganians RFC, Bridgwater.
The Vikings play in the West of England League. Last year they made the play-offs, but lost out due to an injury-blighted season.
The league this year has more teams than ever and will see them up against sides from Bath, Swindon, Bristol and Gloucester. This league, plus nine-a-side tournaments and an annual friendly match against Exeter Centurions, make for a full and exiting season.
You may also want to watch:
Formed in 2013 from a mainly Royal Marine nucleus, the club has expanded its player base and have seen players play at amateur international level and still maintain a Marine connection to this day.
So even if you don’t intend to play why not come down and train and increase your fitness levels.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
For further information find them on Facebook or at www.pitchero.comclubssomersetvikings