Runners-up spot for Hutton girls
- Credit: Archant
Hutton girls Under-11s finished as runners-up in their first-ever tournament.
ONLY three months after first training together, recently-formed Hutton girls Under-11s travelled to Bishops Lydeard to take part in their first-ever tournament.
The girls opened the tournament against the eventual winners and impressed with their passing moves all over the pitch. The first game ended with a 3-0 defeat, but the girls were upbeat after a terrific performance.
Game two was a dominant showcase by the team and a flurry of passing moves ended up with some clinical finishing to provide a superb 6-0 victory.
The next game was more of the same and a 3-0 victory saw Hutton needing a draw or more in the final game against Wembdon to claim the runners-up trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Hutton started strongly and were rewarded early on when a corner took a deflection into the goal. Pressure started to build as the girls tired, but some strong defending kept the narrow lead until Wembdon equalised.
A superb performance by the team of: Charlotte Lewis, Emily Evans, Lauren Small, Paige Nigh, Ellie Burrows, Melody Heath, Eilidh Patterson and Livvy Worley was rewarded with the runners-up trophy.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Player(s) of the tournament was given to the whole team for a great display of free flowing and exciting football.