RYA South West instructor training day
- Credit: Archant
Over 70 water sports instructors from all over the South West braved the weather to come to the RYA South West instructor day, hosted by Cheddar Sailing.
OVER 70 water sports instructors from all over the South West braved the weather to come to the RYA South West instructor day, hosted by Cheddar Sailing.
RYA regional development officer, Tony Wood and the RYA chief powerboat instructor presented an informative session on changes in legislation and best practise, with a specific session on cold shock.
Participants were also treated to a practical session on the importance of a warm-up before sailing. After lunch, cooked by a team of volunteers from Cheddar Sailing, there were a series of in-depth practical workshops.
If you are interested in learning to sail, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01179 425 123.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s annual beginner adult training course will be run on Saturdays in May and early June. Attendees can come to one or more sessions, and attendance for five sessions will lead to an RYA qualification.
If you’re not sure if sailing is for you and would just like to give it a try, the club also offers two hour tasters sessions once the weather gets a bit warmer.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
The club also runs courses for members’ children and holiday sailing days open to all. Many schools and youth organisations come sailing as part of the OnBoard programme, on a one-off or regular basis.