Ryan Northmore leaves Weston-super-Mare after eight losses in a row
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club have today (Sunday) announced the departure of head coach Ryan Northmore after they were dumped out of the FA Cup by Division One South and West side North Leigh yesterday.
After a promising start to the season, which saw the Seagulls win three and draw one of their opening four matches, their dip in form was somewhat remarkable as they lost each of the next seven matches and have now exited the FA Cup in the second round qualifying stage.
Northmore had just last week insisted his relationship with the players was strong and that ‘luck would change’, in a conversation with the Mercury, but the board have now taken action after yesterday’s 2-1 defeat to a team two divisions below them.
A board statement read: “The board regrettably announce the immediate departure of Ryan Northmore.
“He has been a great servant to this club over a number of years as academy director developing players for the first team.
You may also want to watch:
“A number of them still remain in the club in a variety of playing and coaching positions.
“We wish Ryan and his family all the very best for the future.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 4 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 5 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 Talent show judge releases book on postnatal depression
- 8 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 9 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 10 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
“We will now commence the process of recruitment.”
Northmore previously played for the club and took over initially as caretaker boss back in 2014, having also been a part of the club as academy director.
Weston’s first match without Northmore at the helm will be when they travel to Maidenhead in the National League South on Saturday.