Ryan Northmore leaves Weston-super-Mare after eight losses in a row
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club have today (Sunday) announced the departure of head coach Ryan Northmore after they were dumped out of the FA Cup by Division One South and West side North Leigh yesterday.
After a promising start to the season, which saw the Seagulls win three and draw one of their opening four matches, their dip in form was somewhat remarkable as they lost each of the next seven matches and have now exited the FA Cup in the second round qualifying stage.
Northmore had just last week insisted his relationship with the players was strong and that ‘luck would change’, in a conversation with the Mercury, but the board have now taken action after yesterday’s 2-1 defeat to a team two divisions below them.
A board statement read: “The board regrettably announce the immediate departure of Ryan Northmore.
“He has been a great servant to this club over a number of years as academy director developing players for the first team.
“A number of them still remain in the club in a variety of playing and coaching positions.
“We wish Ryan and his family all the very best for the future.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
“We will now commence the process of recruitment.”
Northmore previously played for the club and took over initially as caretaker boss back in 2014, having also been a part of the club as academy director.
Weston’s first match without Northmore at the helm will be when they travel to Maidenhead in the National League South on Saturday.