Sad farewell to Viv
Woodland Lawn Tennis Club said a sad farewell to its coach of nearly 20 years, Viv Barber.
WOODLAND Lawn Tennis Club said a sad farewell to its coach of nearly 20 years, Viv Barber.
The 50 or so juniors who regularly attend the Saturday morning coaching sessions had managed to keep her surprise party a secret for the past month. Normal coaching activities were abandoned in favour of tennis themed games.
The three ball, two court match between the Murray team and the Djokavic team proved to be extremely popular as did the Smartie tennis.
Club chairman, Les Treen, thanked Viv for all of her hard work over the years and presented her with a gift and a cake. He said: “Viv has been an invaluable member of the Woodland coaching team for many years and we shall all miss her greatly.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as the usual Saturday mornings, the coaching team are holding a summer coaching course from July 29 to August 1. For more information and an application form, visit the Woodland website at www.woodlandtennisclub.co.uk and click on the junior page.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes