Sad farewell to Viv
Woodland Lawn Tennis Club said a sad farewell to its coach of nearly 20 years, Viv Barber.
WOODLAND Lawn Tennis Club said a sad farewell to its coach of nearly 20 years, Viv Barber.
The 50 or so juniors who regularly attend the Saturday morning coaching sessions had managed to keep her surprise party a secret for the past month. Normal coaching activities were abandoned in favour of tennis themed games.
The three ball, two court match between the Murray team and the Djokavic team proved to be extremely popular as did the Smartie tennis.
Club chairman, Les Treen, thanked Viv for all of her hard work over the years and presented her with a gift and a cake. He said: “Viv has been an invaluable member of the Woodland coaching team for many years and we shall all miss her greatly.”
You may also want to watch:
As well as the usual Saturday mornings, the coaching team are holding a summer coaching course from July 29 to August 1. For more information and an application form, visit the Woodland website at www.woodlandtennisclub.co.uk and click on the junior page.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse