Saints defeat the league leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Johns Reserves got back to winnning ways when they defeated league leaders Congresbury.
Weston St Johns Res 1
SAINTS Reserves hosted league leaders Congresbury and gave a much-improved performance.
Saints recalled Andy Hayes and Lee Whittaker who worked hard in midfield, along with Troy Hayes. Congresbury started the better, but found Saints’ keeper in top form and the back four of Hartley, Carpenter, Whittaker and Bennellick were outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
Gorka and Charalambous worked tirelessly on the wings and Ryan Hodrian was superb up front.
Hodrian and Troy Hayes both went close and Congresbury looked dangerous from set play, but Allchorne was in good form.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Blue plaque installed for famous actress
Saints looked the stronger in the second half with the Hayes brothers pulling the strings and Whittaker working hard. Saints took the lead when Hodrian netted, but Congresbury equalised a couple of minutes later. Soon after, Troy Hayes netted the winner.
Saints had some great performances, noticeably Carpenter, the Whittaker brothers and the Hayes brothers, but the M&S man of the match went two the whole side.