Saints defeat the league leaders
- Credit: Archant
St Johns Reserves got back to winnning ways when they defeated league leaders Congresbury.
Weston St Johns Res 1
SAINTS Reserves hosted league leaders Congresbury and gave a much-improved performance.
Saints recalled Andy Hayes and Lee Whittaker who worked hard in midfield, along with Troy Hayes. Congresbury started the better, but found Saints’ keeper in top form and the back four of Hartley, Carpenter, Whittaker and Bennellick were outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
Gorka and Charalambous worked tirelessly on the wings and Ryan Hodrian was superb up front.
Hodrian and Troy Hayes both went close and Congresbury looked dangerous from set play, but Allchorne was in good form.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Saints looked the stronger in the second half with the Hayes brothers pulling the strings and Whittaker working hard. Saints took the lead when Hodrian netted, but Congresbury equalised a couple of minutes later. Soon after, Troy Hayes netted the winner.
Saints had some great performances, noticeably Carpenter, the Whittaker brothers and the Hayes brothers, but the M&S man of the match went two the whole side.