Saints lose another home game
- Credit: Archant
Weston St Johns lost another game at home and are still in danger of the relegation zone.
Weston St Johns 0
FOLLOWING arguably their best performance against Bridgwater a fortnight ago, St Johns have now lost their last two home games.
The Saints are still not safe from relegation, so need to start picking up points before running out of games. With many players unavailable on Saturday, Street controlled much of the game and led 1-0 at half-time due to a close-range header.
You may also want to watch:
Saints rarely troubled the away keeper and fell further behind in the 60th minute when a mistake in midfield resulting in the second goal. Saints huffed and puffed but lacked any cutting edge and Street wrapped up the scoring on 85 minutes with a penalty, awarded after a foul from the otherwise impressive Dean Pierson.
Saints have three games coming up in five days, starting at home to Gordano tonight (Thurs) and then a double header against local rivals Langford Rovers on Saturday at home and away next Tuesday evening.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 5 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 6 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 7 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace drug offender
- 9 Surgery's patient participation group disbanded
- 10 Pump track project appeals for further community support
On a plus side, Daniel Matthews played well alongside Alliance man of the match Dean Pierson.