Saints pick up three points
Weston St Johns picked up three points in their home game against Odd Down.
St Johns 4
Odd Down 1
ST JOHNS picked up three deserved points after storming into a 3-0 half-time lead against Odd Down.
Saints opened the scoring in the 19th minute when Mitchum Smit scored from a corner. The lead was doubled when Ryan Hodrien also scored from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
The defence was dealing well with the physical Odd Down strikers and the third goal saw the goal of the game as after a number of passes in the midfield saw Justin Flavell hit a stunning shot from 25 yards into the top corner.
Saints switched off at the start of the second half as Odd Down pulled a goal back. For the rest of the half, Saints took their foot off the pedal slightly, until Daniel Matthews headed powerfully past the keeper from Hodrien’s cross to give the score a true reflection of the game.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 Appeal to identify man after sexual assault
Saints have a tough game on Saturday when they travel to much-fancied Nailsea United. Alliance Homes man of the match was Mitchum Smit.