Saints pick up three points
Weston St Johns picked up three points in their home game against Odd Down.
St Johns 4
Odd Down 1
ST JOHNS picked up three deserved points after storming into a 3-0 half-time lead against Odd Down.
Saints opened the scoring in the 19th minute when Mitchum Smit scored from a corner. The lead was doubled when Ryan Hodrien also scored from a corner.
You may also want to watch:
The defence was dealing well with the physical Odd Down strikers and the third goal saw the goal of the game as after a number of passes in the midfield saw Justin Flavell hit a stunning shot from 25 yards into the top corner.
Saints switched off at the start of the second half as Odd Down pulled a goal back. For the rest of the half, Saints took their foot off the pedal slightly, until Daniel Matthews headed powerfully past the keeper from Hodrien’s cross to give the score a true reflection of the game.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
Saints have a tough game on Saturday when they travel to much-fancied Nailsea United. Alliance Homes man of the match was Mitchum Smit.