Saints slam 12 past sorry Burnham
Weston St John's 12 Burnham United Res 0 - ST JOHN'S produced a commanding performance in difficult conditions to record their biggest win of the season and in doing so moved up to second place in the Division 2 table.
Weston St John's 12
Burnham United Res
ST JOHN'S produced a commanding performance in difficult conditions to record their biggest win of the season and in doing so moved up to second place in the Division 2 table.
Saints dominated from start to finish with keeper Ben Sedley-Jones not having a save to make until the second-half. Saints opened the scoring when Nick Jones' cross-come-shot deceived the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The score soon became 2-0 when a cross from Jack Clark was sent goalwards by Ryan Hodrien for Ross Stockhall to score. Burnham were still in the game at this stage and Saints defenders Ash Flavell, Dave Wilcox, Mark Hearne and Jones were playing well.
At the other end a quick pass from Stockhall released Hodrien and he made it 3-0. Mark Adams and James Wotton were winning everything in midfield, and Clark who made the score 4-0 with a stunning long-range effort.
- 1 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 4 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 5 Weston woman celebrates a century
- 6 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 North Somerset Council urges businesses to apply for grant funding
- 10 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
Moments later Clark found Stockhall who scored and just before half-time Adams released Stockhall who made no mistake for his hat-trick and made the half-time score 6-0.
The second half was more of the same as Stockhall scored with a well placed shot and a good run by Stockhall found Wotton who made no mistake.
Stockhall found Hodrien who made it 9-0. The score soon became 10-0 when Stockhall scored after some good play by Andy Llewellyn.
Hodrien made it 11-0 and completed his hat-trick when he raced onto a pass from Llewellyn. The final goal went to Stockhall from Hodrien's pass for his sixth of the game. Weston Costcutters player of the match was Ross Stockhall.