Sam finishes third at Dunkeswell event
Karting star Sam Stephens finishes third at Dunkeswell.
LOCAL karting star, 13-year-old Sam Stephens was back in action at the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championships recently.
The Worle School student was in good form achieving some fast lap times and the team were pleased with the set up by the end of the Saturday practice day.
Sunday race day enjoyed sunshine and heavy showers. Sam started fifth in the first heat, but despite a bad start finished third. The second heat saw Sam fourth on the grid and drove well to finish third again. In heat three, Sam started in second position and again finished in third place.
In the final, Sam was placed second on the grid and although he slipped back one place, drove a tremendous race. He started to close the gap on the leaders, but it was too late and was rewarded with third place on the podium.
You may also want to watch:
Sam is currently in second place in the championships, which is a fantastic achievement for his first season in minimax.
Further sponsorship would be appreciated. All enquiries to email@example.com
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation