Sam finishes third at Dunkeswell event
Karting star Sam Stephens finishes third at Dunkeswell.
LOCAL karting star, 13-year-old Sam Stephens was back in action at the Dunkeswell Kart Racing Club Championships recently.
The Worle School student was in good form achieving some fast lap times and the team were pleased with the set up by the end of the Saturday practice day.
Sunday race day enjoyed sunshine and heavy showers. Sam started fifth in the first heat, but despite a bad start finished third. The second heat saw Sam fourth on the grid and drove well to finish third again. In heat three, Sam started in second position and again finished in third place.
In the final, Sam was placed second on the grid and although he slipped back one place, drove a tremendous race. He started to close the gap on the leaders, but it was too late and was rewarded with third place on the podium.
You may also want to watch:
Sam is currently in second place in the championships, which is a fantastic achievement for his first season in minimax.
Further sponsorship would be appreciated. All enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 Appeal for Christmas gifts for elderly and isolated
- 7 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 8 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 9 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 10 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases