Sam triumphs at Burnham
SAM Stead came out of retirement to win the Avenue’s Friday night junior match play for March ensuring his best friend Matt Barrett (last months champion) had a tougher time this month.
SAM Stead came out of retirement to win the Avenue’s Friday night junior match play for March ensuring his best friend Matt Barrett (last month’s champion) had a tougher time this month.
Another previous champion Sam Street came close with 21 points, Tom Holder, Thom Simpson and Matt Barrett were also all in with a chance having achieved 20 points during the month. The best scoring girl this month was Chloe Virgo.
The next Red (Under-8) and Orange Ball (eight to Under-10) tournament at the club is on April 17 at 11am. Green Ball (10 year olds) is on April 24 at 11am and the Yellow Ball Ratings Tournament (11 years +) is on April 30 from 1.30pm.
The next Sunday social session will be on FA Cup final day on May 14 from around 12.30pm until 3pm, when play will stop and watch the FA Cup final on the club’s large screen.
You may also want to watch:
Duddy also wanted to remind parents that the Easter holiday junior tennis camp (April 11-21) now runs from 9am-4pm following requests by parents for a later pick up. Bookings are being taken for one week, both weeks or for specific days during the school break.
Details of costs and application forms are available on the clubs website (www.avenuetennis.com) or you can ring the club on 01278 782758.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
? CHEDDAR Tennis Club celebrated its most successful season ever in the North Somerset Winter League with all three mixed teams achieving promotion.
The A team finished as runners-up in Division 2 and will play in the top division next season. The B team topped Division 4 and the C team won Division 7. The veterans’ team fared less well, finishing seventh in their division.
At their end of season dinner, club chairman Peter Colton congratulated all the players on their success and thanked winter captain Sohail Syed for managing the teams so well.
The club is now looking forward to the start of the summer league programme and will again be fielding four men’s and four ladies’ teams.
The new season at Cheddar starts with a three day junior fun coaching course in the Easter holidays, from April 18-20. This is open to all budding players, club members and non-members, from four-years-old up to 18.
Then on April 30, the club will be holding its traditional Under-45s versus Over-45s tournament, with a royal wedding theme this year.
For information on all club activities, contact Jennie Colton on 01934 742703.