Sandocross on Sunday
Weston Motor Club will be holding its Sandocross on Weston sands at Uphill on Sunday.
WESTON Motor Club will be holding its Sandocross on Weston sands at Uphill on Sunday.
The club are indebted to North Somerset County Council for allowing this event to be held and has been run for more than 40 years. It is the only motor sport event held on sand on mainland Great Britain.
Up to four cars per run will be racing to achieve the fastest time of the day or the fastest in their class. The competing cars will range from standard production cars, with basic safety requirements, up to pure specialist cars built especially for this style of event.
The first cars will start practice runs of three laps at 9.30am, followed by official timed runs of four laps from about 11.30. The finish of the event will be at about 3.30pm to ensure that there is no problem with the incoming tide
You may also want to watch:
Spectators are welcome to watch for free from the foot of the dunes at Weston sands and they can approach from the Royal Sands (Promenade) entrance or from Uphill.
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 4 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 5 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 6 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 7 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 10 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival