Sandocross on Sunday
Weston Motor Club will be holding its Sandocross on Weston sands at Uphill on Sunday.
WESTON Motor Club will be holding its Sandocross on Weston sands at Uphill on Sunday.
The club are indebted to North Somerset County Council for allowing this event to be held and has been run for more than 40 years. It is the only motor sport event held on sand on mainland Great Britain.
Up to four cars per run will be racing to achieve the fastest time of the day or the fastest in their class. The competing cars will range from standard production cars, with basic safety requirements, up to pure specialist cars built especially for this style of event.
The first cars will start practice runs of three laps at 9.30am, followed by official timed runs of four laps from about 11.30. The finish of the event will be at about 3.30pm to ensure that there is no problem with the incoming tide
You may also want to watch:
Spectators are welcome to watch for free from the foot of the dunes at Weston sands and they can approach from the Royal Sands (Promenade) entrance or from Uphill.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 5 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 6 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 7 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 8 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 9 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 10 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown