Sarah supported by the Rotary
Weston Rotary Club members heard recently of the karate success of Sarah Clark, and someone who they are supporting.
WESTON Rotary Club members were delighted to hear of the continued successes of Sarah Clark, a young Westonian they are supporting in her karate career.
Sarah reported her successes over the past year which included three championship titles, the English, Scottish International Open and the British.
She reached the quarter-finals of the European University Championships as a member of the British team, before losing to the eventual winner.
As a member of the England team, Sarah won gold at Cardiff, but was disappointed at the Belgian Open Championships to lose out to the eventual winner in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
This year will be full of hard work with three titles to retain and two world championships to compete in and all while studying in her final year at university. Weston Rotary Club is proud to be associated with Sarah and will be following her career over the coming year with a great deal of interest.
President Richard Purgas congratulated Sarah and presented her with a further sponsorship cheque.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 3 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 4 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
For more information about Rotary see www.westonrotaryclub.org.uk