Sarah supported by the Rotary
Weston Rotary Club members heard recently of the karate success of Sarah Clark, and someone who they are supporting.
WESTON Rotary Club members were delighted to hear of the continued successes of Sarah Clark, a young Westonian they are supporting in her karate career.
Sarah reported her successes over the past year which included three championship titles, the English, Scottish International Open and the British.
She reached the quarter-finals of the European University Championships as a member of the British team, before losing to the eventual winner.
As a member of the England team, Sarah won gold at Cardiff, but was disappointed at the Belgian Open Championships to lose out to the eventual winner in the quarter-finals.
You may also want to watch:
This year will be full of hard work with three titles to retain and two world championships to compete in and all while studying in her final year at university. Weston Rotary Club is proud to be associated with Sarah and will be following her career over the coming year with a great deal of interest.
President Richard Purgas congratulated Sarah and presented her with a further sponsorship cheque.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 4 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 8 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 9 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 10 Weston schools to reintroduce extra-curricular clubs
For more information about Rotary see www.westonrotaryclub.org.uk