Scott scores the winner for Hutton
- Credit: Archant
A free kick scored by Scott Hammond-Lumber was the only goal of the game as Hutton Under-10s beat Nailsea Athletic.
HUTTON Under-10s travelled to Nailsea Athletic for the first game in five weeks and came away with a narrow 1-0 victory.
The squad of Jack Buckingham, Tommy Carter, Sid Sheppard-Sugg, Lewis Sloan, Jack Busby, Owen Janes, Ethan Franklin, Jude Hankinson, Bailey Hughes and Scott Hammond-Lumber started strongly, but the finish was never quite right.
The post was hit on three occasions before Hammonmd-Lumber scored from a free kick, giving the keeper no chance.
The game continued in the second half with Hutton bombarding the Nailsea goal, but due to the valiant efforts of the keeper and the woodwork, the final score remained at 1-0
You may also want to watch:
DESPITE all the rain of late, Kewstoke Juniors Under-13s are keeping a positive attitude to the game.
Manager Nick Carter said: “We are proud of all our boys this season. Division 1 has been a real test and to find ourselves in fourth position following last season’s promotion is just fantastic.”
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse