Scott scores the winner for Hutton
- Credit: Archant
A free kick scored by Scott Hammond-Lumber was the only goal of the game as Hutton Under-10s beat Nailsea Athletic.
HUTTON Under-10s travelled to Nailsea Athletic for the first game in five weeks and came away with a narrow 1-0 victory.
The squad of Jack Buckingham, Tommy Carter, Sid Sheppard-Sugg, Lewis Sloan, Jack Busby, Owen Janes, Ethan Franklin, Jude Hankinson, Bailey Hughes and Scott Hammond-Lumber started strongly, but the finish was never quite right.
The post was hit on three occasions before Hammonmd-Lumber scored from a free kick, giving the keeper no chance.
The game continued in the second half with Hutton bombarding the Nailsea goal, but due to the valiant efforts of the keeper and the woodwork, the final score remained at 1-0
You may also want to watch:
DESPITE all the rain of late, Kewstoke Juniors Under-13s are keeping a positive attitude to the game.
Manager Nick Carter said: “We are proud of all our boys this season. Division 1 has been a real test and to find ourselves in fourth position following last season’s promotion is just fantastic.”
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 6 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 7 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 8 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 9 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences