Seagulls boosted by double signing
WESTON have bolstered their squad with two new signings.
The Seagulls, whose interests this season are now limited to the Blue Square South after their FA Trophy loss to Salisbury City on Saturday, have signed defender Mark Cooper and midfielder Josh Egan.
Left-back Cooper joins Weston from Blue Square Premier high-flyers Newport County, while midfielder Egan has been signed from Chippenham Town.
Cooper, aged 20, came through the ranks at Bristol Rovers and had two loan spells at Frome Town.
Following his release from The Pirates in the summer, he joined Blue Square Premier leaders Newport but has been allowed to join Weston having only featured in the club’s pre-season matches.
You may also want to watch:
Having come through the ranks at League Two side Cheltenham Town, 19-year-old Egan has had spells with Bath City and Blackpool.
The right-sided midfielder joined Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division side Chippenham in July, but now joins Craig Laird’s side as they push for promotion.
- 1 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 2 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 3 Cosmetics company creates candle to raise cash for Weston Hospicecare
- 4 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 5 New scheme to monitor high-risk Covid patients at home will 'save lives'
- 6 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 7 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 8 Weston Hospicecare postpones Men's March due to possible lockdown extension
- 9 Family fundraising to create care packages for NHS nursing staff looking after their daughter
- 10 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine