Seagulls frozen off
Weston’s away match against Chelmsford was a victim of the weather, as all Blue Square South fixtures were cancelled.
EVERY Blue Square South League game fell victim to the weather as frozen pitches caused the cancellation. The fixture will now be played on a Monday evening to be agreed between the clubs.
Weston’s friendly against a Cardiff City XI in midweek was also called off due to a frozen Woodspring Stadium pitch.
Commenting on Chelmsford’s website, team manager Glen Pennyfather said: “Weston have done fantastically well so far and that comes as no surprise because when we went down there they were a good side who like to try and play football. We’ve seen them play, in what were terrible conditions due to the wind, and they’re the surprise package of the league in many ways. They’re knocking on the door of the play offs, which is a great achievement.”
On Saturday, Weston have another tough assignment as league leaders Woking provide the opposition at home and they lead the table by 11 points, having played two games more than second-placed Dartford.
You may also want to watch:
Weston manager Craig Laird must urgently address the recent loss of form as they lost their two previous fixtures, away at Boreham Wood and home to lowly Bromley.
However, Dayle Grubb is now available for selection after recovery from a broken finger, along with last season’s leading scorer Marcus Duharty who has yet to make a first start this time.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 3 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 4 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 7 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset