Seagulls lose in the sun
Weston opened their friendly fixtures with a defeat at Bideford.
FIELDING a team mostly of triallists, Weston enjoyed a good workout in the sunshine against Southern League opposition in North Devon.
After a scoreless first half, the home side took the lead on 49 minutes when Matt Hockley scored from the penalty spot and they added a second on 57 minutes when new signing Lewis Coombs burst through on the left.
You may also want to watch:
Weston pulled a goal back on 66 minutes when Robbie Maggs, a triallist just released by Bristol Rovers scored from close range.
Weston entertain Bristol Rovers on Thursday (7.45pm) and on Saturday (3pm), Bath City provide the opposition at Woodspring Stadium.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 4 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 5 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 6 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 7 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 8 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 9 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3