Seagulls ready to take on Bristol City
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club are all set for the visit of Bristol City on Wednesday next, July 9.
WESTON Football Club supporters will have the first chance to see the new squad, under manager Micky Bell, play their first pre-season game on Wednesday next, July 9, when they entertain Bristol City at the Woodspring Stadium (7.45pm).
This will also be the first chance for the City supporters to see their new squad in their first pre-season fixture before they leave for a training camp in Botswana.
Weston is pleased to announce they have secured the signatures of Academy graduates Bradley Ash, Syd Camper, Jake Llewellyn, Jake Mawford.
Also signed are goalkeeper Luke Purnell, player-coach Clayton Fortune, Dayle Grubb, Joe Teale and Joe McClennan. The club is expected to add to this list over the coming days.
You may also want to watch:
Local fans are encouraged to come to the stadium as early as possible as a large following is expected from Bristol and the gates will open at 6.30pm.
- 1 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 2 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 3 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 4 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 5 Christmas panto cancelled due to tier three restrictions
- 6 Hospital trust defends patient-to-nurses ratio increase
- 7 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 8 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 9 Weston shop offering personalised fudge gift boxes
- 10 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait