Seagulls ready to take on Bristol City
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club are all set for the visit of Bristol City on Wednesday next, July 9.
WESTON Football Club supporters will have the first chance to see the new squad, under manager Micky Bell, play their first pre-season game on Wednesday next, July 9, when they entertain Bristol City at the Woodspring Stadium (7.45pm).
This will also be the first chance for the City supporters to see their new squad in their first pre-season fixture before they leave for a training camp in Botswana.
Weston is pleased to announce they have secured the signatures of Academy graduates Bradley Ash, Syd Camper, Jake Llewellyn, Jake Mawford.
Also signed are goalkeeper Luke Purnell, player-coach Clayton Fortune, Dayle Grubb, Joe Teale and Joe McClennan. The club is expected to add to this list over the coming days.
You may also want to watch:
Local fans are encouraged to come to the stadium as early as possible as a large following is expected from Bristol and the gates will open at 6.30pm.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse