Seagulls sign up as pre-season preparations get underway
WESTON’S preparations for next season are gathering at pace, with the entire squad offered new deals to stay at the Woodspring.
Twelve players have now committed to playing for the Seagulls as they look to continue the good work of the past two seasons.
And the club could be close to signing up to six new players as manager Craig Laird looks to build a squad capable of promotion from the Blue Square South.
Midfielder Brett Trowbridge is the latest player to put pen to paper, following Lloyd Irish, Jamie Price, Jamie Laird, Martin Slocombe, Ben Cleverley, Nabi Diallo, Nat Pepperell, Kane Ingram, Dayle Grubb and Sahr Kabba in deciding to play for the club next season.
Saying that Laird and himself had met several potential signings over the past few weeks, assistant manager John Haile said new signings could be imminent.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s great that so many of the current squad have committed, and if the others decide to sign then of course we will be pleased and we can then limit the amount of new players we bring in.
“We are planning pre-season now and this time round the training will be by invitation only and will not be an open training environment.”
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
“We have targeted the players we want to join us and we want to maximise all available playing and training time to work on our team shape and plans for next season.
“With the benefit of two seasons experience in this league and five or six new faces which will strengthen the squad I genuinely believe next season will be our best yet.”
The club will hold academy trials in June.
The sessions will be run at the Woodspring Stadium in Winterstoke Road from 10am-2pm on June 5, 6, 7, 8, 16 and 26.
For more information contact Ryan Northmore on 01934 621618 or firstname.lastname@example.org