Seagulls sign winger
WESTON have made their third signing of the pre-season.
Chippenham Town winger Ross Stearn has moved to the Woodspring Stadium, following former Clevedon Town players Ashley Kington and Chas Hemmings, who moved last week.
Assistant manager Jon Haile described the former Bristol City trainee as ‘an exciting midfielder that likes to run at the opposition.’
The midfielder is unlikely to be the last new player at the club this pre-season, with Haile saying him and manager Craig Laird have spoken to 10 players about potential moves.
He said: “We have spoken to around 10 players now and obviously we are not going to sign all ten, but you have to target two to three players in the same position where you are looking to strengthen to ensure you get one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been hard work because some targets are currently playing southern league football and are getting paid more than what we can offer.
“But some of the targets are more interested in playing at a higher level and believe in what we are trying to achieve so the fans can look forward to hearing about even more signings soon.”
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 3 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 4 Pupil awarded new bike for attending every lesson
- 5 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 6 Pet store to relocate to new unit
- 7 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 8 Weston celebrates Great Big Green Week
- 9 Plans for 60 homes in village rejected after 800 objections
- 10 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation