Seagulls sign winger
WESTON have made their third signing of the pre-season.
Chippenham Town winger Ross Stearn has moved to the Woodspring Stadium, following former Clevedon Town players Ashley Kington and Chas Hemmings, who moved last week.
Assistant manager Jon Haile described the former Bristol City trainee as ‘an exciting midfielder that likes to run at the opposition.’
The midfielder is unlikely to be the last new player at the club this pre-season, with Haile saying him and manager Craig Laird have spoken to 10 players about potential moves.
He said: “We have spoken to around 10 players now and obviously we are not going to sign all ten, but you have to target two to three players in the same position where you are looking to strengthen to ensure you get one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“It has been hard work because some targets are currently playing southern league football and are getting paid more than what we can offer.
“But some of the targets are more interested in playing at a higher level and believe in what we are trying to achieve so the fans can look forward to hearing about even more signings soon.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 3 Mike Fletcher: Former Weston Cricket and Rugby legend passes away
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 6 New leadership team for charity
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences