Seagulls start the new season with away trip
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Weston Football Club start the new Vanarama Conference South season with an away trip to Canvey Island to play Concord Rangers.
WESTON Football Club have been handed a difficult start to their Vanarama Conference South season, which begins on August 8, when they will make the long trip to Canvey Island in Essex to play Concord Rangers (3pm).
This will be the third time they will visit the seaside resort, having lost on both previous occasions.
On the following Tuesday, August 11, they are due to play their first home fixture when Gosport Borough provide the opposition (7.45pm). They will be at home again on August 15, when they entertain Hemel Hempstead, and on August 18, Weston will be in Kent to face Ebbsfleet United.
August 22, sees Weston at home to Eastbourne Borough and the following Saturday they visit Oxford City, who have been transferred from Conference North. The squad end the month on Bank Holiday Monday, August 31, when old rivals Bath City make an appearance at the Woodspring Stadium (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Bishop’s Stortford will be Weston’s destination on September 5, and on the 12th, they are due to travel to Dartford, just relegated from the Conference National League. On September 15, Weston entertain Truro City, back from the Southern Premier League after one season’s absence.
Sutton United will provide the opposition at home on September 19. Weston will be involved in the second qualifying round of the FA Cup on September 26. The side will be back in league action on October 3 when they travel to Margate in Kent, recently promoted from the Ryman Premier League.
- 1 Businesses refused to reopen after lockdown due to staff safety fears in Weston town centre
- 2 Weston family who had home transformed featured on DIY SOS
- 3 Winter Gardens set to open newly refurbished eatery
- 4 Asymptomatic coronavirus testing pilot starts with college students from next week
- 5 Girl, 11, suffers serious injuries after collision with car
- 6 Mural nears completion in Weston
- 7 Fruit and veg shop to continue running delivery service for Christmas
- 8 Doctor resigns from Weston General Hospital's A&E department
- 9 Yatton artist releases charity single with Hamilton star
- 10 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
After this, league fixtures may be disrupted with clubs involved in further qualifying rounds of the FA Cup. Over the Christmas holiday period, Weston traditionally played Bath City home and away, but this season, they will be in London on Boxing Day to meet Hayes and Yeading with the return fixture on Saturday, January 2.
Weston are scheduled to finish their season on April 30, with an away trip to Havant and Waterlooville.