Seagulls to face Paolo Di Canio’s Swindon Town
WESTON will kick off their Blue Square South campaign with a home tie against Hayes and Yeading on August 18.
The Seagulls, hoping to better last season’s 13th-placed finish and kick-start a sustained promotion bid, will then travel to Farnborough on August 21 at Eastleigh on August 25.
A home game against Truro City on August 27 will wrap up the first month, but the Cornish club may not even be in the division by that point – they face a winding-up order from the High Court after owing an alleged �700,000 to creditors.
Until the matter is resolved the club is in danger of folding.
Weston’s bid to qualify for the FA Cup will begin on September 22 with the second qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
Their bid to retain the Somerset Premier Cup for a third successive season will begin at home to Street, of the Toolstation Western League in the week commencing October 1.
The Boxing Day fixture will see Weston travel to Bath City, recently relegated from the Blue Square Premiere, with the return fixture on New Year’s Day.
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 3 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 4 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 7 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 8 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 9 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 10 FA Cup: Weston AFC drawn to play Dorking Wanderers in third qualifying round
The league campaign will end away to Dorchester Town on April 27, 2013.
In preparation for the new season, Paolo Di Canio’s Swindon Town will visit the Woodspring Stadium for a friendly on July 18.
The match will be the first for Di Canio’s team, who won the League Two title last season, since a tour of Italy where they will face a Bayern Munich XI and an Italian select XI.
The friendly against Newport County has been moved from August 4 to August 3, with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The club has also announced that captain Ben Kirk and vice-captain Matt Villis have committed to the club for the forthcoming season.
Manager Craig Laird said: “I am delighted that both Ben and Matt have agreed to re-sign as they are integral members of our squad.”