Seagulls to face Paolo Di Canio’s Swindon Town
WESTON will kick off their Blue Square South campaign with a home tie against Hayes and Yeading on August 18.
The Seagulls, hoping to better last season’s 13th-placed finish and kick-start a sustained promotion bid, will then travel to Farnborough on August 21 at Eastleigh on August 25.
A home game against Truro City on August 27 will wrap up the first month, but the Cornish club may not even be in the division by that point – they face a winding-up order from the High Court after owing an alleged �700,000 to creditors.
Until the matter is resolved the club is in danger of folding.
Weston’s bid to qualify for the FA Cup will begin on September 22 with the second qualifying round.
You may also want to watch:
Their bid to retain the Somerset Premier Cup for a third successive season will begin at home to Street, of the Toolstation Western League in the week commencing October 1.
The Boxing Day fixture will see Weston travel to Bath City, recently relegated from the Blue Square Premiere, with the return fixture on New Year’s Day.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 5 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 6 North Somerset online choir to bring Christmas cheer
- 7 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 8 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 9 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
The league campaign will end away to Dorchester Town on April 27, 2013.
In preparation for the new season, Paolo Di Canio’s Swindon Town will visit the Woodspring Stadium for a friendly on July 18.
The match will be the first for Di Canio’s team, who won the League Two title last season, since a tour of Italy where they will face a Bayern Munich XI and an Italian select XI.
The friendly against Newport County has been moved from August 4 to August 3, with a 7.45pm kick-off.
The club has also announced that captain Ben Kirk and vice-captain Matt Villis have committed to the club for the forthcoming season.
Manager Craig Laird said: “I am delighted that both Ben and Matt have agreed to re-sign as they are integral members of our squad.”