Seagulls triumphant in youth cup final
- Credit: Archant
Weston Under-18s defeated Mangotsfield United to win the Somerset Floodlit League’s Roger Stone Memorial Cup.
WESTON Under-18s 2
MANGOTSFIELD UTD Under-18s 1
A GALLANT Mangotsfield were denied a hat-trick of wins in the final of the Somerset Floodlit League’s Roger Stone Memorial Cup at the Woodspring Stadium.
In a highly-entertaining game with lots of end-to-end football, Weston opened the scoring on 34 minutes when visiting keeper Mitch Norman could only punch Tyler Davis’ deep cross and George King was on hand to score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later, Weston struck again when Bradley Ash set up Syd Camper to fire low past Norman.
To their credit, Mangotsfield kept battling away and were rewarded on 62 minutes when Josh Bennett scored in a scramble from a corner. After that, the visitors tried hard for an equaliser, but the Weston defence held out.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 5 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
Weston squad: Ryan Scott, Jack Askins, Jake Llewellyn, Callum Kingdon, Jake Buxton, James Hodgkinson, Tyler Davis, Billy Arnold, Syd Camper, Bradley Ash, George King (Ben Harris 90). Subs (not used): Harry Hornigold, Will Sneddon-Coombs, Charlie Bridges, Callum Winstone.