Seagulls triumphant in youth cup final
- Credit: Archant
Weston Under-18s defeated Mangotsfield United to win the Somerset Floodlit League’s Roger Stone Memorial Cup.
WESTON Under-18s 2
MANGOTSFIELD UTD Under-18s 1
A GALLANT Mangotsfield were denied a hat-trick of wins in the final of the Somerset Floodlit League’s Roger Stone Memorial Cup at the Woodspring Stadium.
In a highly-entertaining game with lots of end-to-end football, Weston opened the scoring on 34 minutes when visiting keeper Mitch Norman could only punch Tyler Davis’ deep cross and George King was on hand to score from close range.
You may also want to watch:
Two minutes later, Weston struck again when Bradley Ash set up Syd Camper to fire low past Norman.
To their credit, Mangotsfield kept battling away and were rewarded on 62 minutes when Josh Bennett scored in a scramble from a corner. After that, the visitors tried hard for an equaliser, but the Weston defence held out.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 5 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 6 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 7 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
Weston squad: Ryan Scott, Jack Askins, Jake Llewellyn, Callum Kingdon, Jake Buxton, James Hodgkinson, Tyler Davis, Billy Arnold, Syd Camper, Bradley Ash, George King (Ben Harris 90). Subs (not used): Harry Hornigold, Will Sneddon-Coombs, Charlie Bridges, Callum Winstone.