Seasiders continue their winning ways
A superb opening stand of 160 set Weston on their way against Glastonbury.
WESTON continued their winning ways with a convincing win away at Glastonbury.
Weston skipper Adam Davies won the toss and had no hesitation in electing to bat. Openers Andy Fear and vice-captain Simon Green set the tone early with some crunching boundaries during the first 10 overs.
The two continued in the same vein and put together a superb 160 run partnership. Fear eventually went for a classy 64 which included some lovely stroke play. Green continued on after the loss of Fear but fell short of a well deserved century when he was bowled for 97.
The innings did not lose momentum as Gary Morgan smashed 32 from 24 balls and Sean Stringer bludgeoned 28 from 13 balls including two towering sixes as Weston finished on 258-5 from their 50 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Glastonbury innings began well with opener Harry Ellison smashing 25 in quick time including six boundaries before being caughn by Tom Main off the bowling of twin brother Ben.
Wickets began to fall regularly with Ben Main taking another two, finishing with excellent figures of 3-15. The other bowlers all contributed, none more so than young left-arm spinner Ashley Allen who finished with figures of 3-23.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 5 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 6 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 7 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 8 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
Other wickets went to Sam Trego (1-18), his wicket courtesy of a superb catch by Chris Davidson on the boundary, Adam Davies (1-17), Sean Stringer (1-17) and Tom Main (1-28) as Glastonbury were bowled out for 130.
In touch CRM man of the match was Simon Green.
A Fear c Hartley b Parry 64
S Green b Punchard 97
G Morgan c Ellison b Williams 32
S Trego b Williams 3
S Stringer c Ellison b Williams 28
J Davidson not out 4
C Davidson not out 4
Total (5 wkts) 258
H Ellison c T Main b B Main 25
S Spencer c J Davidson b T Main 16
J Beal c T Main b B Main 5
C Hartley c Green b Davies 0
A Easton c Morgan b Main 5
C Crane lbw Allen 29
D Williams b Stringer 9
T Punchard c C Davidson b Trego 12
C Matthews not out 15
B Mason b Allen 0
D Parry c Morgan b Allen 3
Bowling: S Stringer 6-1-17-1; T Main 6-1-28-1; A Davies 6-1-17-1; B Main 6-0-15-3; C Davidson 4-0-13-0; A Allen 7.5-1-23-3; S Trego 6-0-18-1.