Seasiders continue their winning ways
A superb opening stand of 160 set Weston on their way against Glastonbury.
WESTON continued their winning ways with a convincing win away at Glastonbury.
Weston skipper Adam Davies won the toss and had no hesitation in electing to bat. Openers Andy Fear and vice-captain Simon Green set the tone early with some crunching boundaries during the first 10 overs.
The two continued in the same vein and put together a superb 160 run partnership. Fear eventually went for a classy 64 which included some lovely stroke play. Green continued on after the loss of Fear but fell short of a well deserved century when he was bowled for 97.
The innings did not lose momentum as Gary Morgan smashed 32 from 24 balls and Sean Stringer bludgeoned 28 from 13 balls including two towering sixes as Weston finished on 258-5 from their 50 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Glastonbury innings began well with opener Harry Ellison smashing 25 in quick time including six boundaries before being caughn by Tom Main off the bowling of twin brother Ben.
Wickets began to fall regularly with Ben Main taking another two, finishing with excellent figures of 3-15. The other bowlers all contributed, none more so than young left-arm spinner Ashley Allen who finished with figures of 3-23.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 4 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 5 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
- 8 Weston project transforming household waste into planters to attract wildlife
- 9 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 10 Man charged with possession of offensive weapon in village
Other wickets went to Sam Trego (1-18), his wicket courtesy of a superb catch by Chris Davidson on the boundary, Adam Davies (1-17), Sean Stringer (1-17) and Tom Main (1-28) as Glastonbury were bowled out for 130.
In touch CRM man of the match was Simon Green.
A Fear c Hartley b Parry 64
S Green b Punchard 97
G Morgan c Ellison b Williams 32
S Trego b Williams 3
S Stringer c Ellison b Williams 28
J Davidson not out 4
C Davidson not out 4
Total (5 wkts) 258
H Ellison c T Main b B Main 25
S Spencer c J Davidson b T Main 16
J Beal c T Main b B Main 5
C Hartley c Green b Davies 0
A Easton c Morgan b Main 5
C Crane lbw Allen 29
D Williams b Stringer 9
T Punchard c C Davidson b Trego 12
C Matthews not out 15
B Mason b Allen 0
D Parry c Morgan b Allen 3
Bowling: S Stringer 6-1-17-1; T Main 6-1-28-1; A Davies 6-1-17-1; B Main 6-0-15-3; C Davidson 4-0-13-0; A Allen 7.5-1-23-3; S Trego 6-0-18-1.