Seasiders crash to seven wicket defeat
- Credit: Archant
A poor batting performance by Weston saw them slide to a seven wicket defeat at Keynsham.
A WRETCHED batting performance from Weston saw them fall to a seven wicket defeat away at Keynsham.
After winning the toss and chosing to bat, Weston were soon in difficulty as the top three of Andy Fear, Dan Press and Shabil Ahmed all fell without troubling the scorers.
With Chris Davidson, Simon Turner and James King (14) all falling soon after, Weston found themselves 21-6.
Brief respite was found through Luke Morgan (25) and Ashley Allen (15). However, with wickets continuing to fall, Weston found themselves all out for just 79 in the 33rd over.
You may also want to watch:
Keynsham had little difficulty in knocking off the runs, but they didn’t have things all their own way as Charl Willoughby, Sean Stringer and Allen all picked up a wicket apiece, yet in the face of such a small target Keynsham sailed over the line in the 16th over.
While such defeats are downheartening, Weston’s policy of investing in youth rather than expensive imports should see the club flourish in the long term.
- 1 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 2 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 3 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 4 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority
- 8 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 9 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 10 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
Forte Financial man of the match went to Luke Morgan.
D Press c Herring b Wheller 0
A Fear c Wheller b Tasman-Jones 0
S Ahmed c Wheller b Tasman-Jones 0
C Davidson c Tasman-Jones b Bryan 2
J King c Taylor b Bryan
S Turner c Wilton b Tasman-Jones 2
L Morgan c Wheller b Mitchell 25
S Goodhew run out 7
S Stringer c&b Tasman-Jones 1
A Allen b Mitchell 15
C Willoughby not out 2
J Tasman-Jones c Turner b Willoughby 22
T Bancroft lbw Stringer 4
R Wakefield not out 46
C Herring c Willoughby b Allen 1
D Jarman not out 8
Total (3 wkts) 85