Seasiders fall short in revised run chase
- Credit: Archant
Weston lost at Bath, after rain forced a revised target for the visitors.
WESTON travelled to Bath and came away second best in a 33-run defeat after rain.
Bowling first, Tom Court removed Robin Lett in the second over, but Weston could not build on that breakthrough as Alex Barrow and Tim Rouse survived early scares to put on 142 for the second wicket.
Sean Stringer removed Rouse for 66, before Ash Allen bowled Barrow for 81. Sam Trego and Allen bowled some tight overs towards the end, but on a flat track, Lloyd Davies was able smash 29 not out from just 13 balls to propel Bath to 258. Allen finished with 3-39.
Weston’s reply started slowly with the wicket of Morgan falling, before Williams and John Davidson saw Weston to 20-1 from six overs before an hour of rain threatened to wash out the game.
You may also want to watch:
A break in the weather allowed Weston to be set a revised target requiring another 147 from 25 overs. Williams (31) and Davidson (12) took the score to 48 before both fell in quick succession.
With pressure building, batsman went for their shots with Shabil Ahmed and Trego falling in single figures. Chris Davidson and Sean Stringer took on Green to hit 18 off his first over and kept in touch with the run rate.
- 1 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 2 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 7 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 8 Two charged with burglary and fraud
- 9 Pubs running takeaway and collections during lockdown
- 10 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
However, when Davidson mistimed on 25, Weston were back up against it. Despite some cameos from Fear and Willoughby, Weston fell further behind the rate and pick of the bowlers Adam Kelly, returned to pick up the final wicket in the last over.
IntouchCRM man of the match was Ash Allen. On Saturday, Weston welcome Frocester to Devonshire Road.
A Barrow b Allen 81
R Lett c Trego b Court 0
T Rouse c Williams b Stringer 66
L Padgett c Fear b Allen 36
S Mount lbw Trego 16
H Rouse lbw Allen 1
J Green not out 15
L Davies not out 29
Total (6 wkts) 258
Bowling: C Willoughby 8-1-32-0; T Court 4-0-17-1; S Stringer 6-0-42-1; A Fear 8-0-35-0; S Ahmed 4-0-28-0; C Davidson 2-0-18-0; A Allen 8-1-39-3; S Trego 8-0-45-1.
G Morgan c Rouse b Kelly 3
J Davidson c Lett b Drake 12
J Williams c Davies b Marchant 31
S Ahmed c Padgett b Drake 2
C Davidson c Davies b Rouse 25
S Trego c Barrow b Marchant 8
S Stringer c Marchant b Rouse 9
A Fear b Mount 14
A Allen c Davies b Mount 5
C Willoughby not out 13
T Court b Kelly 2