Seasiders fall short in revised run chase
- Credit: Archant
Weston lost at Bath, after rain forced a revised target for the visitors.
WESTON travelled to Bath and came away second best in a 33-run defeat after rain.
Bowling first, Tom Court removed Robin Lett in the second over, but Weston could not build on that breakthrough as Alex Barrow and Tim Rouse survived early scares to put on 142 for the second wicket.
Sean Stringer removed Rouse for 66, before Ash Allen bowled Barrow for 81. Sam Trego and Allen bowled some tight overs towards the end, but on a flat track, Lloyd Davies was able smash 29 not out from just 13 balls to propel Bath to 258. Allen finished with 3-39.
Weston’s reply started slowly with the wicket of Morgan falling, before Williams and John Davidson saw Weston to 20-1 from six overs before an hour of rain threatened to wash out the game.
You may also want to watch:
A break in the weather allowed Weston to be set a revised target requiring another 147 from 25 overs. Williams (31) and Davidson (12) took the score to 48 before both fell in quick succession.
With pressure building, batsman went for their shots with Shabil Ahmed and Trego falling in single figures. Chris Davidson and Sean Stringer took on Green to hit 18 off his first over and kept in touch with the run rate.
- 1 Man charged with rape and sexual assaults
- 2 Former Weston loanee Waite confirms Cardiff City departure
- 3 May 17: Restaurants reopen indoors and soft play areas welcome youngsters
- 4 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 5 May 17: Backwell pool reopens after £400k works
- 6 Rapid Covid testing service goes mobile to reach more people across North Somerset
- 7 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 8 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 9 Potter hails 'invaluable' Cheddar experience will help at Wells City
- 10 What can I do when Covid lockdown eases on May 17?
However, when Davidson mistimed on 25, Weston were back up against it. Despite some cameos from Fear and Willoughby, Weston fell further behind the rate and pick of the bowlers Adam Kelly, returned to pick up the final wicket in the last over.
IntouchCRM man of the match was Ash Allen. On Saturday, Weston welcome Frocester to Devonshire Road.
A Barrow b Allen 81
R Lett c Trego b Court 0
T Rouse c Williams b Stringer 66
L Padgett c Fear b Allen 36
S Mount lbw Trego 16
H Rouse lbw Allen 1
J Green not out 15
L Davies not out 29
Total (6 wkts) 258
Bowling: C Willoughby 8-1-32-0; T Court 4-0-17-1; S Stringer 6-0-42-1; A Fear 8-0-35-0; S Ahmed 4-0-28-0; C Davidson 2-0-18-0; A Allen 8-1-39-3; S Trego 8-0-45-1.
G Morgan c Rouse b Kelly 3
J Davidson c Lett b Drake 12
J Williams c Davies b Marchant 31
S Ahmed c Padgett b Drake 2
C Davidson c Davies b Rouse 25
S Trego c Barrow b Marchant 8
S Stringer c Marchant b Rouse 9
A Fear b Mount 14
A Allen c Davies b Mount 5
C Willoughby not out 13
T Court b Kelly 2