Seasiders start campaign at home
Weston RFC open their season in National 3 South West when new skipper Gavin Simpson leads his team at home against Amersham and Chiltern on September 1 (3pm).
WESTON RFC open their season in National 3 South West when new skipper Gavin Simpson leads his team at home against Amersham and Chiltern on September 1 (3pm).
Newcomers to the division will be Avonmouth Old Boys, Malvern, Brixham and London Irish Amateur.
The remaining fixtures for September are: 8th, Maidenhead (away), 15th, Avonmouth OB (home), 22nd, Malvern (away), 29th, Barnstaple (home).
With the exception of Under-14s, the Seasiders will be running junior teams from Under-7 to Under-16.
You may also want to watch:
All present and new recruits should note that registration day at the Recreation Ground will be on September 2.
This coming season, the club’s Colts XV will play at Under-18 level and their first match will be at home against North Petherton on September 1.
- 1 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 2 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 3 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 4 Cash and necklaces stolen in Weston-super-Mare burglary
- 5 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
- 6 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 7 Football stadium set for coronavirus vaccination hub
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 North Somerset could join WECA - but faces a four-year wait
- 10 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
The colts will be under the tutelage of two former players, centre Derek Hannam and No 8 Tony Bush. The team’s manager will be the club’s secretary Rob Solomon.