Season over for Weston boxers
- Credit: Archant
Members from Weston Boxing Club fought for the last time this season at Long Ashton.
WESTON Boxing Club members donned the black and gold club colours for the last time this season at Redwood Country Club in Long Ashton, with Wesley Williams (13), Wallice Attwell (14) and Sam Higgins in action.
First up was Williams against unbeaten Dillon Edwards of Sweatbox, Bedminster. Edwards was strong, but Williams seemed to lack the extra effort, giving the bout to the Sweatbox boxer.
Attwell was next and his only loss was in the National Schoolboys final against the double national champion and England boxer Adam Smith. He faced Daniel Stacy of Stoke and was in charge throughout, being awarded an unanimous winner.
Higgins was fresh from a recent win to face Adam Arkell of Downend and the Bristol Boxing Academy. Arkell was always advancing, but Sam boxed well, throwing plenty of combinations. However, the judges found in Arkell’s favour.
You may also want to watch:
Weston has enjoyed a successful season, with a national senior champion, Liam Hunt turning professional, a national senior semi-finalist in Lewis Hunt, a national schoolboy finalist - Wallice Attwell, and five Western Counties champions, plus a great show at Hutton Moor with 12 boxers representing the club.
The club look forward to continuing this success into next season, hopefully with refurbished premises and new talent coming through.
- 1 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 2 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 3 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 4 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 5 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 8 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 9 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
If you want to be one of those or want to know more about the club, contact John on 07786 371164.