Second charity tournament of the year
- Credit: Archant
Hutton Short Mat Bowls Club held their second charity tournament of the year at Hutton Village Hall.
HUTTON Short Mat Bowls Club held their second charity tournament of the year at Hutton Village Hall in aid of Diabetes UK.
The tournament was well attended and thanks go to all clubs who entered a team. The 16 teams were split into two groups with each team playing four games and the winners of each group playing in the final.
The group winners were Wye Wayfarers from Gloucestershire and Spaxton from Somerset. After an excellent final played over 10 ends, Wye Wayfarers were the eventual winners.
The trophies were sponsored by Gary Cox (Glazing) Ltd and presented by the club chairman.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks go to captain Frank Paige for organising another excellent tournament and to the ladies who worked tirelessly in the kitchen. After an excellent days bowling, the final amount raised for Diabetes UK was £900.
The next charity tournament will be held in May 2015 and information will be available soon at www.huttonsmbc.co.uk
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 'Bright future' for Weston high street
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 6 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 7 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 8 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 9 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released
- 10 Weston Town Council pledges to be an anti-racist authority