Second spot for Robbie
Robbie Gallier started his karting season with a battling second spot at the Clay Pigeon track, near Dorchester.
KARTING ace Robbie Gallier was in action for the first time in 2012 and it was also the first time competing in the new 2012 CRG kart and with Hobzie Motorsport.
It was a cold start for the 14-year-old at the Clay Pigeon track just outside Dorchester, with the temperature at minus five degrees, but Robbie was soon up to pace, setting the fastest times of the day in the Junior Rotax class.
On race day, black ice led to a delayed start for the three heats and a final. In the first of the three heats, starting from fifth he managed to finish third. A wrong choice of tyre in the second heat saw Robbie slip to 10th spot.
Starting heat three in 10th, he made a good start and was soon up to fifth, a position where he finished and also where he started in the final.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Gallier got faster and faster and on lap 11 of 15 he worked his way into second position. With the pole setter increasing the gap in the early laps, while Gallier was coming through the traffic there were not enough laps to allow him to challenge for the lead.
Finishing second was a great result and he also had the fastest lap, netting him good championship points and a good start to the season.
- 1 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 2 'Suspicious' fire damages caravan outside Weston home
- 3 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 4 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 5 Weston fundraiser donates hundreds to hospital for saving his life
- 6 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 7 Police release CCTV image of man wanted in connection with GBH in Weston
- 8 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 9 Puxton Park to open trampoline park, gym and segway course
- 10 Two charged with burglary and fraud
Gallier said: “It was a good weekend and I now feel with the CRG Kart and Hobzie Motorsport it is going to be a good year. My mechanic for the weekend Conor Hardiman was a great help, I can’t wait until the next race.”
Support continues from Eurocams, Mountney, PIAA, BWOC, Bespoke MFG and Demon Tweeks.